86 Mustang

86 Mustang
Picture from the first hours of ownership

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Fun with Powder Coat

So it is not really working on the Mustang per se, but I just got some parts back from the powdercoater, and they turned out fantastic!  The basement lighting in combonation with the flash don't do this justice, as the colors are a little off.  The pictures make the grey look much lighter than they are.

I had my valve covers, upper intake, upper cover plate and EGR spacer done in a two-stage clear gun metal grey.  There is just enough metalic in it to just be caught in the sun.  After the base coat, the powder coater cut back the grey from the raised aluminium on the valve covers and intake cover plate before he cleared.

The lower intake, the master cylinder and MAF housing was done in a single stage cast alumiunum matte finish.  I am stoked about this, but now I just need to find the time to get back at this project.


No comments: