86 Mustang

86 Mustang
Picture from the first hours of ownership

Monday, October 19, 2009

It's getting closer...(OK so I am out of clever titles...)

So this past Sunday was a semi-fruitful one with regard to progress, although I fell short of the goal of having the engine in and bolted down to the K-member.  Considering I lost 3 hours or so trying to find where I put my damn flywheel, I didn't do so bad.

I got the engine off the stand with the flywheel and clutch installed, and then the bell housing and transmission mated up.  I did my final torques on the headers, got the motor mounts and transmission mount on, and I am officially ready to drop it all in.  (I really felt like sayin' git'r'done, but I digress).


In addition, during last week in the evening, I swapped out the front bearing retainer with a steel snouted one.  The facotry one is aluminum and is scarred easily by the throwout bearing.

So hopefully the next post will have the motor in.  Also as an update, I have decided to go Adkins on this project right out of the gate...(Adkins?  No Carb...duh).



I just didnt feel like rigging the high pressure fuel pump to feed a carb, and wire an override to the fuel pump relay.  Also, it didnt make sense to wire up an ignition, just for a short time, since my end goal has always been going fuel injection.

No comments: